Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving Grace

Sometimes a picture really is worth a thousand words.
In this case, these several photos are worth so much more than a thousand.
We were fortunate enough to have Barbara Clarke of Barbara Clarke Photography take our family photos recently. Other than the newborn photos we did with the amazing Rachel Larsen just two weeks after Little P was born we have not done any other professional photos.

Sorry, Little P. It looks like everyone was right. The second kid syndrome is a real thing. Mama FAIL.
BUT.
These photos.

I won't bore you with the typical and predictable criticisms of myself and just say that I love them. I really, really do love them.
My beautiful girls. My handsome husband. Even Jim Rock the rescue dog! My entire world set to a gorgeous Nantucket sky that looks like a watercolor painting created just for my little family.

See? I told you. They are worth so much more than words. 

And with that I'll end with this...I am more grateful for this life, these babies, and this man than I could ever put into words. God has given me more than I ever asked for myself. All I ever wanted to was to be safe and happy, to be able to provide those things for my children. I have that and SO much more. He's given me blessings I never even would have thought to ask for...children who show me every day that love really can walk around this Earth and a love between my husband and I that I only ever believed happened in books until it happened to me.

For a girl like me, one who adores words, this is a hard thing...to just be quiet and acknowledge that sometimes gratitude isn't spoken but shown in a million different ways every single day through hugs, kisses, snuggles, forgiveness, smiles, and grace. 






No comments:

Post a Comment